Do you have a doubt on “how to get nbi clearance in canada?” then here we are to help you so check the article we mentioned below.
There are some reasons, a need will arise for securing the copy of an NBI Clearance? Al though, what if you’re outside of the Philippines? or else how to get nbi clearance if you are in canada ? but so you know is it possible to get NBI Clearance in canada if you’re in the same situations like you are away from your residence? if yes, how can we?.
So these are the various queries that you will ask yourself whenever you got the news about you need to provide the copy of your NBI Clearance. Unless until have a criminal record in the Philippines, then you may start to hide it. But if you do not, then sit back, relax and then read via our below tutorial.
would you like to read about nbi for foreigners article then look at it.
Here you need an important requirement is your passport, so make sure to have it to apply even in locally and abroad too. What ever the purpose you’re trying to apply your NBI but for an instance here we are taking about your employment.
Let’s say you’ve been working for almost about nine months at the Dexter as a software developer or whatever the profession. There you wrote a blog post about to landing into that field initially and also about the technical post bout the self positioning component that you made in your first couple of months at your working company. Getting a job is your initial goal and also keeping it and then growing as a developer was the natural next step forward.
First of all we are going to know about the requirements from below heading.
Requirements For NBI Clearance In Canada
The requirements for nbi clearance in canada are super plain simple. The following list of items you need that’s all.
- An accomplished NBI Clearance Form No. 5
- a 2” x 2” photograph with white background, taken within three months before to the application
- and lastly, photocopies of your Philippine Passport
- You may also need to provide additional Valid IDs for NBI Clearance (optional).
Where To Get NBI Clearance in Canada?
The perfect strategy and first thing is to visit your nearest Philippine Consulate that have the powers to processes NBI Clearance in Canada. From the below list you can check out the total list of Philippine Consulate offices in Canada.
1) Philippine Consulate General, Calgary – Suite 920, 517 1oth Ave. SW Calgary, Alberta T2R 0A8 (Centre 10 Bldg. corner of 4th and 5th St.) with Telephone Numbers (403) 455-9483, (403) 455-9343, (403) 455-9457 and (403) 455-9346
2) Philippine Consulate General, Edmonton – Room 107, 4990 92 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T6V 2V4 with Telephone Number (+780) 415 4303
3) Philippine Consulate General, St. John’s – 27 Symonds Ave., St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, A1E 3A4 with Telephone Numbers (+709) 777 4486 and (+709) 754 2823
4) Philippine Consulate General, Toronto – 7th Floor, 160 Eglinton Avenue, East Toronto, Ontario, M4P 3B5 with Telephone Numbers (416) 922-7181
5) Philippine Consulate General, Vancouver – Suite 660, 999 Canada Place Vancouver, British Columbia, V6C 3E1 with Telephone Numbers (604) 685-1619 and (604) 685-7645
6) Philippine Consulate General, Halifax – 1559 Brunswick Street Ogden Pond Building Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3J 2G1 with Telephone Number (902) 240-0833
7) Philippine Consulate, Saskatoon – 14-115 3rd Avenue South, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7K 1L7 with Telephone Number (+306) 384 7800
8) Philippine Consulate, CharlotteTown – 10 Shell Court Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, C1A 2Z8 with Telephone Numbers (902) 894-7701 and (902) 393-4850
But we support all NBI Clearance applicants to call to confirming the following:
- If an appointment is needed for NBI Clearance application because we don’t want you to go home empty handed.
- To confirm if the specific Consulate office is processing the NBI Clearance Application. We don’t want to be blamed when an applicant went to a Philippine Consulate Office and was sent home because that office don’t process NBI Clearance Application.
However your goal is to get the copy of NBI Clearance Form No.5 (also called as the Fingerprint Card No. 5) but once you’ve gotten your hands to this form, then fill it up. This form actually collects all the personal information from you which is need to have handwritten on both sides of this application form.
suppose, in a case of a married woman, then the order in writing the must be as we said below:
- Maiden Last Name (Father’s surname or Apelyido ng pagkadalaga)
- Husband’s Last Name
- First name or Given name
- Maternal Last Name (Maiden’s Last Name of mother or Middle name or Apelyido ng iyong Ina nung sya’y dalaga pa)
So then the process has been done in filling the form after that you can proceed to the Philippine Consulate General to have your finger print impression. However they might be instructing you to proceed to the nearest Police Station or an agency to take your fingerprint impressed on the designated spaces in that form.
So the fingerprint impression is done via a help of the Police Officer/Agency, so make sure to have the compete name and signature even the official designation of the office that who has conducted your fingerprint impression.
You can attach your latest 2×2 size photo of you that you have in your NBI Clearance Application form.
Then after you have done with the above steps, that means you are now ready to submit your NBI clearance application for the consularization.
Processing your NBI Clearance in Canada.
For the sake of Consularization, you have to pay them the Consularization fees. Of course they even accepts the Money Order if you’re going to mail them all about your payment, you must know that your money order is payable to the Philippine Consulate General. Of course you even need to know to submit the accomplished NBI clearance form no.5, a self addressed return envelop whenever you’re prefer to receive your NBI Clearance via mail. However the Photocopies of your Philippine Passport (at least 3 copies) and also your Permanent Residence Card or else the work permit whatever is available at that moment.
So then the Consularization, you will immediately get your NBI Clearance Form No.5 back. However if you select to receive back the documents via the mail, then it would be sent back to you within three to five business days.
You can also ask the Philippine Consular to have do it for you. By simply selecting this option that you need to secure another money order or the bank draft (negotiable in the Philippines) amounting to P200payable to:
National Bureau of Investigation
Taft Avenue, Ermita 1000 Manila,
While the NBI Clearance form No. 5 must be Addressed to the following:
Ms. Julie Macalit
IRD – Mailed Clearance Section
National Bureau of Investigation
Taft Ave., Ermita 1000 Manila, Philippines
The following are the accredited banks:
Philippine National Bank (PNB)
365 West Broadway, Vancouver BC V5Y 1P8
(applicants will be issued money remittance receipt to be sent with the NBI application documents to NBI, Manila)
Hong Kong and Shanghai Bank Co. (HSBC)
ANZ – A New Zealand Bank
Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI)
However after you were sending your NBI Application form, then it will be sent to the Philippines for the further process. So the ETA of your NBI Clearance from the Philippines to your doorsteps in your canada residence is almost three (3) to five (5) working days.
But if you do not prefer to the previous step, then you have a choice to send your NBI Clearance Application Form No. 5 from canada to your authorized representative which is currently residing in the Philippines. So you must make sure to gave him/her an Authorization Letter which is indicating like you’re authorizing him/her to transact or process your NBI Clearance.